Monday, January 21, 2013

PORTRAITS NOW AVAILABLE




















Before I focused on poetry, I worked with oils, acrylics and mixed media. Always a keen sketcher, counsel from Delacroix sticks in my mind – something about being able to draw a man jumping from a fourth storey window before he meets the ground. My new PressPress collection, Portraits is a series of quick sketches mainly from life in the street. The poems are inspired by my painting days and in some cases drawn from images of that time. I love ironic framing when it happens and my attention is frequently caught by the hard knock of life I see around me.

See more at PressPress -  http://www.presspress.com.au/Murphy.html - and how to order the book. A6 32pp ISBN 978-0-9808656-9-1 $9.90 including postage.

No comments:

Post a Comment