Sunday, March 29, 2009

New, Used, Out of Print

Shudder...the new, used, out of print listings... I still haven't seen my own books in an op shop or in a secondhand bookshop and I cringe in anticipation. I know it will happen - I have rellies never mind anyone else, not quite so smitten with the book as prized object who pack up the shelves periodically - mine included. My grandmother didn't believe in 'dust-collectors' and all gifted ornaments and so on, were duly wrapped in newspaper and stowed down the side of the wardrobe. Maybe she passed on the gene and it leapt from non-essential accoutrements to all-essential books. Some of my titles do appear in Google listings under 'new, used, out of print'. I am considering them as metaphors for the writer's journey. I'll let you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment